Saturday, September 19, 2009

The REAL Housewives of ATL...Don't Be Tardy for This Party!

It has been a long time coming, but I have finally composed myself enough to comment on the bootleggedness (c) that is the Real Housewives of Atlanta.

Don't get me wrong. I love the assembly of wannabe heiresses and socialites... and then the majority of them are black! I mean Bravo outdid itself with this boughetto mess. The only problem with the show is that no one seems to have money with the exception of Kim and Kandi.
I thought the whole point of any housewives show is to make us jealous of the good life. In Orange County, all those batches were loaded. Same thing with New York. Of course when we get to Atlanta with the ninjas, we have foreclosures, lame clothing lines, and unfurnished homes. What the hell is up with that? I guess none of the REAL housewives in Atlanta are dying to be on tv. That's part of being a real bougie baby. You don't talk about money and you don't flaunt what you've got. It is clear that these biznatches in ATL have nothing to do with old money or class. And for any of them that have any money, it is very new new.
Now Kim's money is not exactly legit since she screws other people's husbands to earn her income. In this life, I can't hate on her cuz I need a Big Poppa to pay my bills and buy we $60,000 Escalades. In the afterlife, I can't hang with that cuz judgment day might be a bitch. However, Kim does have the best decorated house. NeNe can learn from her the essentials of furnishings and making a house look like it actually belongs to you. Don't be tardy for the party!
Kandi on the otherhand is a career woman. She really is the only chick on the show with a legitimate hustle. You might want to come back at me and say Lisa does her thing. She does, but she does too much and that is why her house was foreclosed on. Lisa needs to decide if she wants to be a real estate broker, jewelry designer, or fashion designer. Kandi seems very down to earth. She probably has the most money out of all those bitches. They all need to take notes. Based on the "regular" appearance of her home, I know Kandi puts all her money in the bank. Suze Orman is so proud!
My favorite housewife is NeNe (Linnethia) Leakes. Ms. Leakes is the Queen Bee of brokedown housewives, but her commentary is to die for. NeNe does keep it real, even though I need her to keep it extra real and admit that her and her husband (who looks like he could be her grandfather) are broke. Let's be honest, a REAL housewife in the ATL with some good money does not need to check price tags. That was a dead giveaway. On a good note, I'm happy Season 2 has blessed Linnethia with a bigger (still unfurnished) home and a new sew-in wig.

Oh and how can I forget about She/Sheree. I don't know who the hell she thought she was, trying to get a seven figure divorce settlement. Reality must have hit that bitch in the face so hard when that ugly ass mansion went into foreclosure. Sheree is the ultimate MILF on the show, but I need her to impart some of that fabulousness on her children. They are the only kids on the show that look kind of crusty.
All in all, the housewives are a hot, enjoyable mess. I don't know about you, but I wish Dwight and his tangtabulous self could be housewife number 6!

No comments:

Post a Comment