Tuesday, February 17, 2009

It's about damn time!!!

Finally...The moment we have all been waiting for - I have a blog! After years of worshipping the Superficials, YBFs, and Crunktasticals, I finally decided to make my contribution to the world of bootleggedness (c) official. And yes I said bootleggedness (c) (use it without my permission and i'll sue you cuz it's my original creation).

Oreo: A Life in Black and White is my way of providing social critiques and insights from the perspective of a black girl who was born African, but grew up around white people, and then re-learned how to be black from an African-American perspective. Confusing? It can be. I consider myself a true mixed child even though I am not physically what Honest Abe would have called a mulatto.

I have come to discover that I have a special gift of gab. I like to describe myself as a conversational comedian, meaning that I have a lot of funny shit to say when hanging out and talking to my friends. As you will soon find out, I looooooove to talk. The good thing is that I am educated so I can talk about pretty much anything, even boring stuff like snowflake vitreoretinal degeneration.

JUST KIDDING!!! Of course I won't waste your time talking about that shit since I don't even know what it means.

Anywhoo, I know there are tons of blogs out there, but tune into this one because it promises to be full of laughs. If I don't make you laugh, then just tell me I plain suck...

__________________________________________________________
*Photo: taken from http://oboerista.wordpress.com/2007/11/28/eating-exponentially/

2 comments:

  1. i'm black and i was raised around white people too. all my friends (even the white ones) call me an oreo

    looking forward to your humor :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nothing wrong with having white and black friends, just as long as you're not a black sister that hates on other black sisters for no reason (I hate that) it's all good.

    ReplyDelete