Monday, March 2, 2009

Girlfriend, stop being sooo into him!


This particular post is for all the single ladies out there. I'm single, but I don't have a problem with it. You shouldn't either, but I know a lot of you do.

So a few weekends ago I saw the movie "He's just not that into you." Although I already knew all that stuff about dating, I have to admit that it was cute. I got in a lot of good laughs. However, I would like to warn you that the movie is also full of a lot of crap.
The main character was a crazy batch who didn't quite realize that most guys blow a lot of steam up your ass about how they will call and how they want to see you again. So she fell for the lines time after time after time. The worst part is that she was the crazy girl who would keep calling or randomly showing up at a guy's favorite bar, hoping to run into him. All I have to say is if most women out there are like this, then now I understand why we all have guy issues....men are afraid of us. The main flaw in the movie is that the crazy batch actually ended up with a boyfriend. Blame it on the Hollywood.

Of course this isn't the case in reality. I don't believe that men are afraid of women. I don't think they are even afraid of commitment. Most guys just like to be able to tap a different ass when they feel like it. Yeah, the truth hurts. So if you are in a relationship and you think he's cheating, he probably is. It isn't that he doesn't love you. It's just that he couldn't resist the temptation.

The problem here is that women are so emotional and all about investing in a guy. Please throw that out the window. Invest in yourself and your sanity. It's time we all act a little bit like Samantha on Sex and the City. Now I'm not saying that you should go and sleep with a random stranger every minute of the day. What I mean is that you should go out with the chicas, sip some bubbly, meet a guy, flirt, dance with him and maybe give him a little lip action on the dancefloor. However, don't have any expectations. He might call you a few days later or he might not. It shouldn't matter to you because what you should be concerned with is you and having a good time.

We get too caught up in worrying about finding someone that we put too much in every person we meet. Stop the madness. All those guys are not for you. Yeah they might look good, but they might also be 32 with no job way before this recession hit. Furthermore, ladies the moral of the story is to love yourself. Not all of us can be Heidi Klum and obviously not every guy can get with Heidi Klum. If you are round, love those curves. If you are a skinny batch, love them bones.

I think the point of "He's just not that into you" is to teach women that you can meet a guy and not be that into him. Let's see how the boys react to that! Our problem is that we are always into them. Before the night is over we are thinking of what our kids might look like. We should just have fun meeting people with the understanding that eventually, someone you meet might be the right person for you. More importantly, because you are so caught up with living YOUR life and are not on a constant prowl, your Mr. Man will hit you before you even see him coming.

Now, I hope Hollywood doesn't beat the whole crazy dating theme to death. Apparently Drew Barrymore's production company has a new show on VH1 called Tough Love. Some whack looking guy (who seems single) claims to be the expert on matchmaking and promises to straighten out some desperate single women who are unable to find love. The slogan sums it up: "before you can find true love, you need some tough love."

Ummmm.....clearly I will not be watching that bootleggedness(c) and you shouldn't either cuz the point of this blog was to tell you that you find love by not looking for it. If you haven't even learned that, then no one can help you.

______________________________________________
*Photo: taken from http://rsfile.com/index.php/tag/cam-xvid/

1 comment:

  1. Excluding the "lip action on the dancefloor" I agree with everything you said 100%. I know so so so many women desperate for love that it's pathetic. I try to tell them to love themselves but they don't get it and then I learned for myself you can't help those who don't want to help themselves. I'm single and okay with it. I'm open to love, but if it never comes my way I plan to continue my life, have children (science lab), and be happy :o)

    ReplyDelete